Cumulative Antibiograms (2015) for Hunter New England regions: see http://aimed.net.au/antibiograms/.
Cumulative antibiograms provide a summary of current bacterial antimicrobial susceptibility for key pathogens in urine and non-urine specimens. The antibiogram reports also include analyses of bloodstream infections , community and healthcare -associated and key bacterial antibiotic resistances in such events. Treatment recommendations based on Therapeutic Guidelines, Antibiotic, Edition 15, 2014 are included in each report.
AIMED- Pathology North Antimicrobial Stewardship Resource site www.aimed.net.au
Up-to-date practical information about antibiotics and their use. Enrol your email address for a weekly digest of postings or follow on Twitter (@mdjkf).
Antimicrobial Treatment Guidelines and Resources (Hunter New England LHD)
- Internet accessible current HNE LHD Guidelines relating to infection management are available from http://aimed.net.au/hne-guidelines/
- HealthPathways: https://hne.healthpathways.org.au/index.htm (password protected site for GPs and HNE healthcare staff) contains many new localised guidelines including:
- Recurrrent staphylococcal infection
- MRSA infection
- Multi-drug resistant organisms (MDRO)
- Community SAB analysis 2008-2013 (Hunter New England May 2014) Community Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infections - incidence, mortality, genotypes and %MRSA
- HCA SAB 2015 June (Hunter New England Sept 2015) Healthcare associated Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infections - incidence, rates and %MRSA to end of June 2015
Escherichia coli and related Enterobacteriaceae
Infection Prevention & Control
Essential resources and who to call when there is a problem or question: https://aimed.net.au/infection-control/